Friday 8 January 2016

Swede clip and evaluation

Final Edit:


My Evaluation:

For the sweding exercise we had to transform the opening scene of the Warp film Tyrannosaur to more of a Working Title film opening. Throughout this experiment I have learnt a few different skills and have learnt from some of my mistakes. Starting with the pre-production my group skills improved as I felt like I had a few different ideas that were taken into account by the group and we all worked well together putting the pieces together. There were some problems when we got to the production, for example some incomplete paper work making it harder to figure out what shots to shoot first and so on. In the production stage I was cast as the main actor which I enjoyed but wouldn’t help me develop my skills as a director or a camera man. I am reasonably skilled in those area’s and know the basics, I felt it was more important to let the other group members learn the basics first. Looking at the footage that was filmed there where quit a few sound problems when we were outside.

When we got to editing I edited the music room scene which is the last scene in the opening. For the editing I used Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 because that’s what I have used for the past years. I learnt a new skill editing this scene as one part of it is in slow motion which I have never attempted to do before. This taught me a new skill as well as what not to do next time. The mistake I made was that when I slowed down the clip I forgot that the clip gets longer and because the slow motion clip had clips on both sides it auto edited it so all the clips where out of sync. This was a big mistake as I had to manually re edit these clips but it taught me what not to do and I feel like making that mistake was a good think. 

I think that in the end we achieved our goal of transforming the begging of a Warp film in that of the stile of a Working Title film. Had we had more time i feel we could have perfected the clip including more intertextuality, variety of shots, etc.

1 comment:

  1. split into multiple posts - and check your videos (1 has gone)!
    The 'evaluation' here should include to what extent you think you achieved the preferred reading you wanted to encode

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before being posted.